Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Gay List: New York

Hi! I love/hate The A List! Here's why:

First off, if you don't know what The A List is, I don't blame you because even I don't watch Logo. It's a sad, inadequate channel that wishes it were as good (re: gay) as Bravo. But I digress.  Here's an AWESOME visual summary of The A List:

Exactly. It's exactly this.

I wouldn't love it if it weren't for this dreamy guy Reichen, who dated Lance Bass and the rest of the gay community and is hotter than everyone else on the show (and in the world) combined. Also, pretty sure he's packing a LOT.

So that's all I have to say in the positive category. Here's why it blows, pun-sort-of-intended:
1) It's the worst thing to happen to the gay community's image since AIDS. it perpetuates the worst stereotypes ever, and it makes gay men seem slutty and materialistic. Also plastic-y. (I'm looking at YOU, Ryan)
2) I've never seen a more annoying group of gay men. If these were women, the world would hate them. Not love to hate them, just plain hate them. Gay is not an excuse for annoying, people. It's only an excuse for fornication.
3) It makes me hate gay men. There's no real justification for this, and I'm not trying to be clever about it. I just fucking hate most of these queens, and it leaves a bad gay taste in my mouth (minds out of the gutter, friends. I don't know what THAT tastes like, and I wouldn't pretend to).

A lot of 'mos think that any representation is good representation, but I'm not one of those assholes. If you can't do it in a way that moves us forward, get the fuck out of my living room.

I'll leave you with this, because it beats the living shit out of anything Logo has ever done. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment